Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ignore the Biggest Naysayer

I just did a quick skim of Guy Kawasaki's blog http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2007/11/five-lessons-fr.html. One of the tips from that blog is to "Ignore the naysayers". Sadly I'm probably the worst of my own personal naysayers.

Another way to ignore the naysayers is to turn their complaints (or in my case my own apprehensions) into risks that need to be managed. In other words, don't let the concerns sit at the bottom of your stomach, but do something about them.

Some examples ...

Don't know anything about marketing . . . start learning.

Don't feel comfortable commenting in other people's blogs . . . remember the discomfort of having something to say, but then keeping quiet.

Don't like addressing disquieting issues . . . build relationships.

Think about it.

No comments: